Friday, September 7, 2007

Ultimate Courage

Life can be very challenging for all of us. It seems that we all have our battles to fight. It takes courage to face each battle head on, and to keep a positive attitude even though it may seem to be the worst time of are lives.

Today, while at work I was talking to a co-worker who said to me that he won't ever see the year 2000. His body is full of cancer. The Doctors say there is nothing more they can do. He is in his mid- forties, with a wife and children.

They will be removing all of his colon this week. He is on steroids, chemo, gaining a lot of weight, and loosing all his hair. I was in shock.

I don't know if I could go through something like that, knowing that I only have a couple more months to live. The thing that really throws me is that this guy has such a positive attitude. I don't understand it.

Whenever I have asked him in the past how he was doing, He has always said "I AM DOING WELL". He never led on that there was ever a problem. I would say that he is the most positive person at work.

It was a difficult day for me, after finding out that this guy was going to die. I asked him how he was able to handle this situation, and he said to me "everything happens for a reason".

Today has helped me to see that our lives are so precious and valuable, and that every day there is an opportunity to make it the best day of our lives, or the worst day of our lives, and that we can choose how we want our day to be regardless of anything happening outside ourselves, or what is happening to us.

COURAGE is the power to face difficulties!

David Croston
Motivational Concepts and Training


Tag

No comments: