Saturday, September 15, 2007

Failure to Fulfillment

To be committed to memory:
"Very little is needed to make a happy life" (Marcus Aurelius).

Definition of Fulfillment:
Having a life of satisfaction. To develop to full potential. Reaching a level of contentment. Happy with what you have. A source or means of enjoyment. Gratification.

As I read some definitions of the word fulfillment, I can think of many, many, times when I was just the opposite. So many problems. So many struggles, so many heartaches, so many let downs. I would ask myself WHY ME? Why is my life in such a turmoil? Why is my life in such a mess? Why do I have to suffer like this? What am I doing wrong?

Everything that I wanted seemed to be just out of reach. There was a big gap between what I had and what I wanted. The frustration of being unsatisfied with the past, and negative about the future had given me an all around bad attitude about life. Cynical, negative and pessimistic were the attributes I possessed.

After many months and years of combating this delemma, there are a few things that I have helped me to gain more control and begin to experience fulfillment.

The following may be of help to you:
Appreciating what you have
Lowering your expectations
Stop obsessing about riches
Stop thinking about past mistakes
Stop worrying about the future
Being thankful
Believing that things will work out
Living and enjoying the present
Focus on helping others
Keep things in perspective

Fulfillment can be yours today. Begin to look around at all that you have. Focus on the abundance that you may at times take for granted. No matter what state you are currently in, you can be content and experience satisfaction. You have the potential today to live a fulfilling and rewarding life. Don't waste another day.
Start Now!

David Croston
Motivational Concepts and Training


Tag

No comments: