Friday, July 20, 2007

HOW TO CREATE A 'YES' ATMOSPHERE

HOW TO CREATE A 'YES' ATMOSPHERE

Over the weekend I decided to check out some brand new furniture stores in our region. This is one way that I like to dreambuild. I go with the intention of painting a clearer picture of the type of furniture that I want in my new house.

I sit in my dream, I smell my dream, I visualize my dream and enjoy the game immensely with my family.

I believe in dreams. I dream dreams because dreams come true!

But the interesting thing that I learnt, as I was testing out various pieces of furniture for comfort and suitability, was the difference the salesman in the stores I visited made by the way they addressed me as a potential customer.

There were two types of salesman and saleswomen.

1. THE 'NO' SALESMAN
The first salesman was a 'No' salesman. They asked me, 'Can I help you?' and my immediate response to them, because they pronounced a question that opened them- selves to receiving that answer, was 'No.'

2. THE 'YES' SALESMAN
However, the second salesman was a 'Yes' salesman. They asked me, ' Are you just happy to browse?' My immediate response was, 'Yes.' As a result of this type of question I felt so much more at ease to continue to spend time in their showroom. It was unthreatening and as a direct result of that question I subconsciously felt more at ease and comfortable there than in the place that I was allowed to say 'No.'

Such a simple change of question made all the difference to my attitude towards the salesman and the store that they serviced.

=============================================
FASHION YOUR QUESTIONS TO GET A 'YES' RESPONSE
=============================================

There is a telecommunications company in my nation who used the word 'yes' as their whole promotional strategy. No wonder they stole a huge part of the market from the major existing providers. They in a sense prophesied what they expected from their customers. They prepared the platform for a successful business by creating a 'yes' atmosphere.

This is why it is so important that you shape the right questions that you even ask yourself.

Make certain that you are asking questions of yourself that require the 'yes' answer.

Or even better, rather than asking for a 'yes' or a 'no' answer, ask questions that require a direct action response from yourself.

Rather than, 'Will I set a goal?' Ask, 'When will I set a goal?'
Rather than, 'Will I win?' Ask, 'When will I win?'
Rather than, 'Will I succeed?' Ask, 'When will I succeed?'

Demand the 'yes' answer from yourself in definite dates and definite results.

Don't accept non-activity or non-productivity again in your life and definitely don't accept 'no' in any of your affairs.

=============================================
DEMAND 'YES' FROM YOUR LIFE
=============================================

Don't be the salesman who expects 'no' from his clients because he or she has failed to spend the time to learn to ask the right questions.

Remember that the questions are often just as important as the answers.

If you ask the right questions, and learn to do so on a regular basis, you are going to start getting the right answers.

Motivational Memo for the Week:

When life requests an answer, shout 'yes!'

Peter Sinclair


Tag

No comments: